Jumat, 16 September 2016

Quell - Wearable Pain Relief - Starter Kit

http://amzn.to/2ctkP1V
Quell is still effective in relieving pain, when I'm not struggling with the sports band to stay in place. For the cost of this product, it's inexcusable that the sports band is such a failure. I do appreciate that Quell sent me a second one at no cost. But it was worse than the first. And Quell has offered suggestions, such as washing and drying it to tighten it up. But the edges curl, it comes undone. I've tried numerous solutions such as wrapping an ace bandage around - too bulky and tight; pinning it shut - it still gets loose and the electrodes unsnap.
so they are aware of the problem and should be implementing improvements.
Quell has received numerous fix suggestions, that might not be the sightliest - tabs that tuck under, snaps, etc. They need to do something NOW. Same with the costly electrodes. You're not supposed to touch the gel patches but the strip doesn't leave enough room on the ends to avoid touching them.
If this weren't such an effective product, and an expensive one, I wouldn't be so upset.
*****************
The first day I used this, I cried. I was very skeptical. Not too many verified customer' reviews on Amazon and very little on the internet. So when I felt an relief of my overall body ache, within a few minutes of the device cranking up, I was incredulous. As time passed during that first session, other areas of pain diminished - hips, buttocks, legs, lower back. To finally be able to move, walk, sit, get out of a chair in one motion - all of this was like a miracle.

I have fibromyalgia, DDD, spondylolithesis, sciatica,dysfunctional sacroiliac, spinal stenosis, bone spurs and severe arthritis. Over the last three weeks I've received varying degrees of relief. The area that's still the most troublesome is sciatica, but I am able to stand and walk with reduced pain for up to 10 minutes. Before it was only one or two minutes before the pain was unbearable. Other pains are relieved anywhere from 30-60%
Some people say this has allowed them to reduce their medicine. I was hoping for that. But since the medicine only gave me fractional relief, with Quell on board, I get improved results. So I am still taking my medicine, and having a lot better quality of life.

What it doesn't help is the stiffness that sets in after sleeping for a while. But at least I can finally sleep long enough for the stiffness to set in :p
Any time I have a question, I call customer service and reach a knowledgeable rep. Don't hesitate to call them. As comprehensive as the user manual is, there are some subtleties to this device and the manual can't anticipate every possible situation you might encounter.
I have a pacemaker. The Quell is required to say that it can't be used w/a pacemaker. My cardiologist had already said that I could use a TENS unit as long as it wasn't placed near the pacemaker. What Boston Scientific (pacemaker manufacturers) said to do was make an appointment w/doc office with Boston Scientific technician present to see if the Quell interfered with the signal. Then they technician could see if adjusting settings was needed. Glad to report I had no problems. As for TENS units, I would have needed a dozen units to cover all the areas I have pain. Quell gets most of them, and I just have to strap it on my leg.



My biggest complaint is the electrode strip. The instructions say not to touch the gel area above the electrodes because that can damage it, but the design makes it impossible to attach and remove without touching them. I bought some electrode gel and am trying to patch up the worn areas. So far the first strip is working. I think next strip, I'll apply the gel from the first use on, as an extra layer of protection. I'm on the proverbial 'fixed income', so $30 for two strips is a big hit. Customer service did say that a redesign of the strips is in the works. But come on - how stupid was it to design the strip without extra gripping area. In the end, though, I'm so thrilled at the success, I won't quibble.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar